Friday, November 27, 2009

Didn't shop for much..

Today, I got up at 3:45 AM...REPAT AM as in MORNING..BEFORE THE SUN IS EVEN THINKING OF GETTING UP!! So 345 AM I am stumbling downstairs and getting dressed. I need to be at Office Depot by 400 to standing in line to get a laptop.

Dad calls me as I am walking out the door and tells me to swing by Radioshack because he believes they have the same laptop deal Office Depot/Staples has but Radioshack opens at 530 instead of 6. I swing by and their deal is on an Acer laptop. No way am I getting an Acer (friend had too many problems). So I get to Office Depot to stand in line with my loving Dad.

After bundling up in a blanket and chair Dad provided (told you loving and in addition VERY SMART) and get ready to wait. We only waited til 5 because Office Depot staff came outside and were handing out flyers for the big ticket items. Thankfully everyone in front of use went for the Acer laptop but Dad and Iwere getting the HP laptop.

This laptop is regularly $549 but it has a discount of $200 off at register with a $50 mailin rebate. So $300 for the laptop aint bad. Plus I got a free webcam.

After getting out certificate, we were told the certificate is good until 8am. If we have other shopping, we can leave and as long as we return by 8, we will get the laptop. After 8am, they will give your laptop to the next person in line.

Now it is 510 and Dad and I head over the McD to sit in a warm building and to get some breakfast. We head over to Office Depot at 6. We stand in line for the cash register for 30 minutes but that is ok. Again I GET A LAPTOP!! YIPPEE!!

After securing the laptop in the truck, we walk over to Fred Meyers to meet up with the family and to get some socks. I get socks and a cute 8x10 frame. The picture size is 8x10 but the frame itself is probably 2x2ft. It has a cute saying but I cant remember what it is right now. Regular price was $20 but with the morning sale it was only $10.

After Freds, Dad and I head to Lowes to get poinsettas. Mom and sisters head to WAL MART!! I love poinsettas. They are the one plant, I cant kill. I have had one since last year and one before that (the oldest one recently died but diead in my mothers care). Lowes and Home Depot sell the poinsettas for on $0.99 so not bad a deal.

After Lowes, I head to Shopko. I get the traditional cheap fleece throw and a DVD player. I have been using my PS2 as a DVD player but it flaking out. So I got a cheap $25 DVD player at Shopko.

After Shopko, I run across the street to Home Depot. They have a 100 count string of Christmas lights for $0.99. I ask a clerk as I am walking in where the lights are. He says they are running out of them and the last boxes are here at the front. As we get to the lights, there is a girl there saying she needs 35 sets. I ask her if she is the only one purchasing them, and she says yes. I inform her the add says limit 10 per customer. She says she doesn't care because she needs 35 for her tree and she is willing to pay full price. I say ok but I am still annoyed. As I am driving away, I think to myself I should have purchased 10 just to annoy her. Oh well. There is always next year. [I am such a vindicitive bad person! :) But in my defense, I was right and I had been up for 5 hours already.] I leave with my lights and head home to take a nap.

I take a nap for only 20 minutes and then go to Lexy's to watch a movie. That is ok. I can kinda sleep in tomorrow. I have to be out the door by 815 so I can make it to Boise to save our spot for the Boise Holiday Parade.

I have to go watch the BSU vs Neveda game now. Kick off if 8 minutes at 8:08. Poor Dad and Brandon are out there in the cold. It is an experience. Cross your fingers we win and can call ourselves the WAC Champions!!

Hopefully you had a very good Thanksgiving and a good shopping day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails