Thursday, November 19, 2009

I cried...

I have been in a very cry-e mood lately. I start to listen to Christmas music...I cry. Check status on facebook....I cry. I don't know what is wrong with me. Correction. I do know what is wrong with me. Let me try to explain....

CHRISTMAS MUSIC
I learned from a coworker the other day, a local radio station is starting to play Christmas music. I both like/hate it. Like it because I love Christmas music. Hate it because we still have Thanksgiving!! There is a holiday between Halloween and Christmas. I decided I should compose a Thankstgiving Day song and have it played on the radio and become a millionarie. Nice dream, right? I have been listening to the Christmas music because it puts me in a good mood. Working in customer service (for the past 7 years), things like Christmas music is neccesary to keep yourself sane. While listening to Christmas music, my train of thought is naturally directed toward Jesus, our Saviour. It is His birth we are celebrating. And thinking of His birth, eventually leads me to His death.

The other night TJ and I were driving home from my parents house when we heard a great song. I don't know who sings it or the name. It is about a litle girl named Maria who finds a bird with a broken wing on the side of the road. She spends her last peso buying a cage for the bird. Well it the "night of gifts" and everyone leaves a gift at the manager. Because she bought the cage, she doens't have anything to give besides the bird. She waits til midnight and takes the bird in and leaves it. She is crying because she feels her gift is unworth. She hears the voice of the Saviour and He request to hear the song. The song continues on but while driving my thoughts were directed to a talk I gave a few years ago around Christmas. What we can "gift" to the Jesus is ourselves. All He asks is that we keep the commandments and live righteously so we can return to Him and our Heavenly Father. Jesus isn't interested in gold, murph, birds, toys. His focus is to direct us back. I started thinking of how I could improve. I also was thinking of how poorly I have been doing and if I should really put forth the effort to improve. I was comforted through the Holy Ghost. I was told that I wsa loved and that the Atonement is always available. Christ loves us so much that He sacrificed Himself for us. I cannot comprehend that type of love. I am just so very thankful that I am loved and have the oppurtunity to repent. By the way, the Atonement is applicable for EVERYONE!! We all have the oppurtunity to repent and wipe the slate clean. I am not a real "churchey" person but lately I have been more focues on the Saviour than I normally am. I am not vocal about my feelings about Church but I have recently felt the need to express it.

FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails