Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Month of Love....

Normally I dread February.  It is the month that everyone focuses on their significatn other.  You see the sappy commericals on TV of those who are blissfully in love. 

(grrrr..just to insert a note here...I am at work.  I just recieved a call from a coworker trying to get in contact with our payroll department. This is the converstaions:
Me- Is there someone in particular you need in payroll?
Her-Whoever handles linehaul.
Me-What about linehaul?  Does he have a dispute on pay, missing miles, what?
Her-It is about benefits.
Me-Ok.  Lou handles the insurance deductions for linehaul..let me se..
Her- It isn't about insurance.
Me- I am sorry.  I thought you said it was about benefits. 
Her- No. It is about linehaul.
(she had such attitude so of course my attitude kicked in)
Me-Ok.  WHAT about linehaul?
Her- ABOUT HIS PAY!  Isn't that what PAYROLL is?
Me-Ma'am.  I know what PAYROLL is. Do you KNOW WHAT IT IS ABOUT?  There people who handle different things.  I can get you to someone who handles hourly employees but they couldn't help you.  WHAT ABOUT HIS PAYROLL DO YOU NEED HELP WITH?
Her- He just needs to CHANGE SOME PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Me- Thank you.  I know who to transfer you to.
(I put her on hold and transferred to voicemail even though she didn't want it. anyhow...

Blissfully in love in commercials is where we were....

I would love to see the commerical of a reality.  Where the husband comes home from work tired, the wife starts in on him about wiping his feet, the kids demand attention, the dishwasher breaks midcycle, and realizing you are out of milk.  But at the end of the commerical, after the kids are in bed, milk in the fridge after a quick trip to the gas station, and the wife is sweeping up the dirt from her husbands shoes.  While she is sweeping the husband is trying to fix the dishwasher.  During this time they are actually talking to each other.  They are discussing how to make the dishwasher survive until next pay check. How silly billy was at the table and how well he doing in school.  TALKING to each other.  That is was I am wanting.  Not a perfect life.  But companion to lean on when life is begining to overwhelm me.  Someone to talk to about the cute thing billy did and how big he is getting.  Wanting someone to fight with.  I know that there will be fights.  But I know how important it is to actually talk to him.  Not talk down to him.  I also have learned not to be overly sensative to what they would be saying.  I don't think I have great expectations but it seems kinda hard to find someone to fit the bill. 

But I am also learning what I don't want.  I don't want someone who is too sensative to take suggetions (like don't blow up at me when I remind him to put eggs on the grocery list if he used the last one).  I don't want a neat freak who seems more concerned over the clean floor than playing with our child.  I don't wants someone who can't make a decision.  I am already indecisive so if there were two of us nothing would get down.  I don't want a BSer, someone who talks game but rarely delivers. 

I am actually ok with being single now.  I have the love of family and will have a great date on Saturday night.  I am taking my sister to Olive Garden and they will be my Valentine.  I think I will take Mom and Dad out on Friday after as well.  Being single doesn't mean I don't have a Valentine...it means I have too many!!

1 comment:

  1. You're in the right direction, Megan! Figure out exactly what you want and DO NOT stray from it! Something many don't do and SHOULD! You'll live a happier, fuller, and more sucessful life if you do :) Happy V Day early.. Molly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails