Tuesday, April 6, 2010

WHEW!!! What a weekend!!

Where to begin? This weekend has been really busy and fun. I guess I will start on Friday.

Work was ok. Really slow because it was good Friday. My prayers were answered and I was able to leave work at 3!! First thought was WOOHOO!! Junk store here I come. I made a quick run through. My favorite purchase was a wicker chest. I will now be using it as a landary basket. I just got to bug bomb it before I move it into the house.

After the store, I picked up Mom and we met Dad at Souper! Salad! for dinner. It is a really great restuarant. It is a salad and soup buffet. I highly recommend it. After dinner, it was time to head home and to watch some TV and relax before Saturday.

And what a day Saturday was busy day.

It started out with an Easter egg hunt hosted by a local fire dept. I get there just in time to help Lexy fight the
mob. Some parents are straight up crazy. This one woman was literally dragging her child. The kids feet weren't on the ground!! The tips of the toes were dragging on the ground! The poor kids arm looks like it was going to be disclocated at the shoulder the mom was pulling so hard.

It was so dissappointing to see the parents get involved. Instead of having the child pick up the eggs, they were doing it for them. I understand picking up a few eggs to ensure your child gets some but I don't understand the justification for 3 adults picking up eggs for 1 child! It annoys me so much! Anyway..the hunt lasted maybe 2 mintues. After helping Lexy, we met up with Caitlyn and Jana.

It was really trippy when we met up because Josh (Jana's boyfriend) and Brandon were dressed in identical outfits. It consisted of jean, SAME brown shoes, similar brown hoodies, green baseball caps and sunglasses. The only real different is one had a full beard and one had only had a goatee.

After the egg hunt, we head to Jana's house to color eggs. That was really fun to see the kids. After an hours of coloring, we head to lunch at Idaho Pizza Co. YUMMY! We split from there. Caitlyn heads to work. I go with Lexy and Chriss to their house to watch TV. Jana and her family heads to the store. It will only be a couple of hours til most of us are together again at Nick's birthday party.

We celebrated Nick's 10th birthday. He got a gun, money, candy, microscope (really jealous), Ipod, and clothes. I wish my birthdays could be so exciting. But we had really yummy cake (Funfetti) and coffee ice cream.After cake, I head home for a quick nap before Red Robin.

I was meeting up with family once AGAIN that day. I had a certificate for a free meal at Red Robin and spread the word. Everyone showed up. It was ok. Family drama, late drinks, bad food, and lost ballon were the highlites of the dinner.

After dinner, we finally seperated for the night. I head to the store to grab tomoatoes for layer salad and then
head home. I start to make the salad for Easter dinner when I had to make a run to Walmart because I didn't have cheese or peas. In the late hour I found a new hairstyle I like. (pics to be posted soon)

So after the trip to the store, the salad was pretty much made and I started to fill eggs with candy for the family egg hunt. It went by pretty fast. I stumbled into bed around 100.

I get my behind out of bed at 730 and head to parents house. Thankfully I thought I messed up on the dressing for the salad so I left it off until Mom could taste it. What a good decision on my part. I added WAY too much salt. Thankfully Lexy was able to bring additional supplies so I 1530 was able to start from stracht on the dressing.

It was a great Easter morning. The kids had a blast with all the Easter eggs and the dinner was great. Emma was having a bad day and would get upset at the smallest thing. Poor girl.

After the family function was over, I headed back to Lexy/Chris' house to watch more TV. Chris ended up
working. So Lexy and I watched TV. Lexy fell asleep and I heard Marlee waking up so I got her out of bed to play and let Lexy stay asleep..lucky girl. After Marlee woke up we headed to Kmart for their $1.99 clearance sale. All women/men/kids winter clothes were on clearance for $1.99. It was a great sale. I got a blue jacket I need to modify but I totally love it (pic to be posted soon).  Dinner and a movie with Lexy and Chris followed. We watched "Did You Hear About The Morgans". It was funnier than I expected.

Monday I turned 26 (more on that later). I took the day off from work. I was woken up by TJ at 630. I take him outside and then I stumble back into bed. I then wake up at 10am!! WOW!! I saw how TJ was snuggled next to me. I was laying on my right side and had my right arm stretched  out. TJ was laying along my arm with his head next to mine. He is such a sweet dog!!

So I get up and get dressed. I was supposed to watch Marlee but because I didn't get my butt out of bed, Marlee was at Jana's house. I make my way over there and play with the kids (Wyatt, Emma, and Marlee) for a couple of hours. After Jana takes Wyatt and Emma to Stacey's, Lexy and I head to Costco and Target. We made the trip to Costco so Lexy could get some strawberries. But guess what? Costco was sold out!! How does that happen? We pick up a few more things and then head to the favorite and beloved store Target. I get a new dress (which I may take back) and Easter clearance and toe warmers. They are great when you are waiting at parades or 4wheeling. They were only $0.75!!

After Target, I head to parents house in anticipation for the great birthdaty dinner....cold homemade roast beef sandwiches with bread and butter pickles!! YUMMY!! I have had a craving for these sandwhiches forever and it was so much better than I expected.

After the yummy dinner (which included leftover salads from Easter) it was cake time. I splurged and had 2 pieces..one from each cake. Chris and Lexy got me a New Moon cake and Mom made German Chocolate (aka best cake ever!).

I got a Twilight umbrella (has the Cullens on it instead of Jacob but it was free for Lexy so that makes it even awesomer), Seahawk slippers, a date (thank you Caitlyn), money toward a baskets for TJ to attach to a bike, candle, booke, and wind chimes.

Today at work it has been dragging so slowly!! At least I can take this time to write about the weekend!

Pics to be updated soon..

1 comment:

  1. So, happy belated birthday! That sounds like just an awesome weekend! I TOTALLY know what you mean about parents and egg hunts. (Or halloween or parades...) I try not to rant about it in front of the kids, though, b/c I want them to get the meaning of the season, not think it's just about the candy everytime, or make them greedy, too. What fun to pack the eggs for your neices/nephews! I want to say how amazed I am at just how involved you are in their lives! You're like a second mom to them all! That's really sweet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails