Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thunderstorms..

I just heard a HUGE crash of thunder.  I was getting up from the recliner when I heard it.  It was LOUD!!  Instantenously, I was 4 years old again.  I hustled up the stairs and jumped into bed.  I realized I didn't have a flash light so if the power went out I would be up a creek. I knew I had one on my bedside table so that seemed the safest place to be.  Plus it IS the safest place to be.  Why do we alwasy run and put our heads underneath the covers when we were little?  Because we instictively knew it was safe. 

All the same things will have to wait til tomorrow.  I am big enough to admit, I am still scared sometimes. And now it is one of those times.  I wish it were still daylight.  Then I would be outside playing in the puddles.  For now I will lay here in the safety of my bed and write about it. 

I do love the rain.  I love how the green leaves are that much more vibrant against a grey sky.  I love how everything shimmers because of the raindrops.  I love to cuddle in blankets and watch rom-com movies or the classics like Pride and Prejudice (6 hr version).  I love to nap away the days.  When do yo go out, you have fun umbrellas and cute coats to wear.  The smell is alwasy divine (unless it is the New York subway tunnel.  Then the rain makes it that much worse!!).  Oh the rain!  Now I have an urge to watch Sining in the Rain.  I will have to put that on the agenda for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Amazing how in the dark the smallest things change.  Thunder is more ominous.  The shadows are bigger.  And the smalles noise seems to be amplified 1,000x louder.  I just heard another clap of thunder.  The storm is moving quickly.  I am sure morning will be here just as quick and I need to get up earlier than normal.

Night Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails