Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It is the simple things..

That have been making me happy:  

Seeing my new picture on the wall
The fresh flowers on the coffee table
Having the windows open
Smell of fresh laundry
Pretty bedroom
Dinner cooking

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been organizing and cleaning my house like mad.  I finally conquered my bedroom.  Not that things were dirty/gross, but I just let chaos and clutter reign supreme.  I let it get so disorganized because I was emotionally conflicted.  I wanted my outer environment to match my inner emotions. 

So I have taken a few weeks and did baby steps to be organized and in control. All closets are organized.  Unused decorations are Rubbermaid bins.  Used blankets are hanging up.  Thankfully I am pretty much done.  I have hated the process but love the result.  It has taken an invisible load of my shoulders.  I want to stay home now.  I used to escape to my parents house nearly every night but now I want to stay at my house.  I don’t see the clutter in the corners and feel intimidated. 

I like being surrounded by my pretty things.  I enjoy hosting my family for dinners.  My blinds and windows are open so the fresh breeze comes though.

So far I have been able to maintain this for a week.  Aim is to keep it going for another week.


My first attempt at arrnage fake flowers. 
I got the vase and flowers are thrift store for a total of $2.50!! 
The vase is actually an insense burner that I have converted. 
Just one of the pretty things I like to look at in my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails