Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TV Pachys


So Mom belongs to a club called Treasure Valley Pachyderms. It is a conservative Republican group. They had their final meeting on Friday October 29th. Mom was supposed to decorate a table. She initially dropped the assignment because she was so busy with Jana's recption. However this put the club in a bind so I told them I would help. Mom helped and we came up with the theme of It's a Grand Old Flag. Our colors were pretty obvious of red white and blue. We only purchased the ballons holding up our sign and everything was what we had. Oh correction, we rented the red table cloth. Mom's dishes were the blue. My dishes are white. I thought the combo of the two was really great!! The center piece was an a collection of the flag the nation as used. It was really interesting. We had little old perfuse bottles of Betty Ross posed sewing the flag. Plus the elephants of course. We even had a hidden speaker playing "It's a Grand Old Flag". How awesome was that!! We had 43 votes. I think we should've been the winner but the program was a disaster so they never announced. We will see if they actually give it to us. There were only 120-150 people there and only 12 tables decorated. I doubt any other table campaigned as hard as we didn't so I doubt anyone else would have beaten us if they actually counted. Oh well. I know we had the best table.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails