Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Slow me down, Lord....

Slow me down. Lord.  Eas the pounding of
my heart by the quieting of my mind.

Steady my hurried pace with a vision
of the eternal reach of time.

Give me, amid the confusion of the day,
the calmness of the everlasting hills.

Break the tensions of my nerves and muscles
wit hthe soothing music of the singing streams
that live in my memory.  Help me to know
the magical restoring power of sleep.

Teach me the art of taking minute vacations....
of slowing down to look at a flower,
to chat with a friend, to pat a dog,
to read a few lines from a good book.

Slow me down, Lord, and inspire me to send
my roots deep into the soil of life's enduring values
that I may grow toward
the starts of my great destiny.

(that was from a plaque I am took down from my wall.  funnt...
while on the wall, I never read it all the way through.)

1 comment:

  1. What nice thoughts. I, too, realize the need to slow down and worry about nothing, rather than the laundry, or the dishes or whether the kids ate too much. If I quit fussing, it'll all work out anyway. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails