Sunday, May 1, 2011

Leading Lady

I was watching The Holiday (which I love Kate Winslet..she is great) the other night.  I love the Kate Winslet story and fast forward through most. I feel like she is playing me in the begining.  Anyway, in my semi-conscience state I caught this line:

"You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god's sake! Arthur, I've been going to a therapist for three years, and she's never explained anything to me that well. That was brilliant. Brutal, but brilliant."

You can read the full exchange here.


But I thought that is my problem.  I don't treat myself like the leading lady.  I think I am the best friend!!  But no more.  This is the year for me.  I was speaking to a sister and she said this will be my year.  And for the first time in a long time I actually agree.  Normally I would just brush that off but I said "I think so too!!"  Postitive step!!  I am improving in my.....mental image..or believing in oppurtunities.  I guess I am just becoming more positive about myself.

YEAH!! 

When a decision is necessary, I have removed the factor of "What will my family think".  I value their opinion but it will no longer be THE deciding factor of what I do.  I have a car. It's paid off.  But as soon as I have enough, I am going to trade in the car and get my SUV.  I love my car but every time I drive it I keep wishing for the SUV.  I even looked up the trade in/resell value of my car.  $3000 trade in and $5000 resell. I think I am just going to trade in and save hassell of trying to resell it and then find a SUV after it has sold.  I can already hear what my parents will say but that is ok.  I am made the decision and I am ok with that. 

Plus school is in the works.  I just need to get in my transcripts and then register for class!! Thankfully I have adjusted to saving money rather than spend it so my savings is larger than I excepted!!  I can pay for class without financial aide!!  But to be honest, I have gone on some shopping sprees but have kept what I spent less than what I had budgetted for. 

I have decided to go on a road trip over Memorial Day weekend.  I have a 5 day weekend.  I may just drive to eastern Idaho to visit Grandma but I will be taking the scenic route. I may swing up to Sun Valley and then over.  Who knows.  I am just ready for a small adventure. 

To make it even more exciting, I get to go to Atlanta, GA for a week, June 13-18. I won a contest at work and it is an expenses paid trip!!  We land in Atlanta around 2pm and get the afternoon/evening to ourselves.  Tues/Wed/Thurs we are visiting corporate offices and seeing how they operate. Thursday we even get to go to a Atlanta Braves and New York Mets baseball game!!  WOOHOO!!  Plus they are trying to work in a nice dinner with VP's and possibly the president!!  How exciting will that be!! 

For the first time in a long time, I am happy to be me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails