Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wild weekend..

What a day Saturday was.

I purchased a Bountiful Basket and had to pick it up at 7am!!  OUCHIEE!!  But I hauled my butt to the pick up location and was pleasantly suprised how quickly I was able to get in and out. Maybe 10 minutes.  This week, there were appx 10 apples, 3 artichokes, 2 mangos, 2 cuccumbers, 5 ears of corn, 1 pineapple, and 2 green peppers...and a cantelope and 2 heads of Roman lettuce.I was impressed.  Now I just have to use all the stuff.  I have surfered the internet for some recipes and I am pretty excited to try them.  Now I just need to find the time to actually try them.

Caribbean Fruity Salsa
Chicken Artichoke Dip
Chicken Pesto Pizza
Chicken Artichoke Heart and ParmesanSandwiches

With veggies in hand, I head over to Lexy's to go garage saling.  That was kinda bust.  After a couples hours of little success we head to the Farmers Market.  It has moved locations so it has more but it doesn't have the same feeling. 

Once we had walked through the market, it was time for babysit Marlee while Lexy and Chris attended a funeral.  Marlee and I went over to Emma's and played for a little bit.  Kaylee and Tyler were there too so it was a fun time (with some fighting). 

Thankfully there was a nap before Lexy, Marlee and I went to the grand opening of the Nampa Hastings.  After browsing for awhile, it was time to drop off TJ and the fruit/veggies at home.  Then a mad dash to retrieve Kaylee and Tyler for a night at the movies.  Fast Five was ok but the original is best.

Thankfully today has been a veg out day.  Trying to recover from being sick and the crazy day yesterday. How wonderful it is.  I have caught up on my blog-stalking, emails, Facebook, and recorded movies. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you're feeling better!! Those recipes sound so adventurous. I'm still pretty 'safe' in what I cook, but I'd love to hear what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails