Monday, August 31, 2009

Sand Dunes

So the weekend was pretty great. Saturday didnt start off as smooth as I had planned. We dont use the van that often any more so it sits for a while. My dad jumped it on Friday night so I could just drive it home. So Saturday morning I get up a little bit earlier than planned so I can take TJ to the dog park. We get into the van and the battery is dead. So I have to call my bro in law Brandon to come give us a jump. Thankfully it started up but now no time for dog park because I have to go get Lexy.

I get to Lexy's at 810. We get her loaded and then off to Caitlyn's. We get to Cait's ontime and are off to the Farmers Market in Boise. We park in a parking gargae and we are off. It is an ok market. A lot bigger than Nampa but more expensive. I did get TJ a cute bandana and some homemade dog chew toys.
So we are get done with the farmers market and head back to van (FYI the evelator in the parking gargae STANK so bad!! I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD!! The worst I have ever smelt. Even the subway in New York City smelt better). But we get in the van and nearly have a heart attack because I go to start the van and it sputters!! UH OH!! Thankfully it started on the next try. We didnt have to pay for parking either because we were there for just under an hour.

Now we are going to Nicks game. What my bro in law doesn't tell us it is a exhibition game for the ENTIRE TREASURE VALLEY!! The stadium parking in full and so are all the side streets. We eventually find parking and only had to walk 5 blocks. Not bad. My bro in law told us that the game would start between 1030-1100. It didnt start til 1150. Nick got 2 tackles. I could never really follow him..I am such a bad aunt :).

As soon as his game is over we leave. I drop TJ off with my parents so he can ride in the RV. TJ was really affecting Lexy's allergies (a recent development) so instead of making her suffer, TJ got to be spoiled (Mom got the coller inbetween their seats so TJ could see out the window and would have him on her lap).

Before we leave Boise my sisters and I go to the super junk store. It is a the Idaho Youth Ranch clearance center. There are just bins full of stuff you get to dig through and the price is by the pound. It is amazing the deals you can find. I got a outdoor metal sun and a 20x24 solid wood pic frame with glass and 5 other smaller frames and some toys for Marlee for only $11. I am sure I could have found other items but we were on a time limit. So after the junk store and grabbing a bit to eat, we are on the road.

I thought there sand dunes were a lot further from Boise but it only took just over an hour to get there. It is really easy to find. So we get there an set up. So we planned on just a $20 site fee but if you have an add vehicle you have to pay an add $5.30. We also found out that if someone slept in the van, it would have to be moved to another campsite because you are only allowed 1 sleeping vehicle per campsite. Keep in mind that the only charge on the website if the $20 site fee. It doesn't say anything about additional care fee charges or restrictions on sleeping vehicles. According to the ranger, the additional car fee is on the bottom of the site reserve reciept. What a bunch of crock!!

The only downside to the camp site is there were thunderheads ALL OVER!! The bottom of our shoes are just covered in tiny pin pricks. But besides that it was a fun time. We had hobo dinners that dad cooked perfectly. After dinner we had S'mores. A storm had been developing from the late afternoon and after dinner it started to rain. We had been watching lightening and listening to thunder during dinner. Even while we were roasting S'mores we felt the rain drops. But we had a solid wall of rain for a few mintues and then it quit. After the rain, we all just sat around and talked. Marlee and Lexy went to bed early so we missed them. Emma and Wyatt spent over an hour playing with a bucket of water and making gravel soup. They weren't even talking to each other just playing so nicely.


I finally crawl into bed around 10pm. It wasn't the best slept but I survied (I will survive, hey hey!!). but i get up at 630. I hear my dad get out of bed and head out the door and then I hear Wyatt whispering to his mom. I crawl out of the motorhome and I see Dad holding Marlee. What a great thing to see first thing in the morning.

By 730am, everyone is up and around. Mom starts making breakfast and Dad starts a fire. Mom made the best fresh huckleberry pancakes ever. Hasbrown, bacon, egss round out breakfast. After breakfast we all head over to the dunes to play in the sand. Lexy is still feeling icky with her allergies so after the family pics, she and dad head back to the camper to chill.



After playing in the sand, we all pack up and head home. Lexy and Marlee ride home with Jana and Wyatt. Brandon and Boomer (his dog) head home in his truck. Mom and Dad are in the RV. TJ, Emma, Caitlyn, and I are in the van. We had to jump the van again. Funny thing is that it started to rain right before we were going to leave. Dad is such a good sport because he was out in the rain connecting the jumper cables. I collapse into a chair around 3pm.

Overall it was a great weekend. Cant wait for the three day weekend coming up!! Planning on finishing my spice cabinet and deep cleaning my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails