Sunday, September 20, 2009

Something you need to know..

I was actually studying for a lesson the the Millenium for the Gospel Principles class I teach every other Sunday. I was looking for some quotes to spice up the lesson and I came across this:

"Women who are unable to have children and single women can find fulfillment by working with children in a variety of ways or by doing other things whereby they can give of themselves in service to others. Women who do such work can find joy in it and bring happiness and wholesome influence into the lives of children, especially those who have been denied a mother’s love.

President Brigham Young comforted those childless women who had been faithful to their temple covenants, saying: “Many of the sisters grieve because they are not blessed with offspring. You will see the time when you will have millions of children around you. If you are faithful to your covenants, you will be mothers of nations. … Be faithful, and if you are not blest with children in this time, you will be hereafter” (in Deseret News [Weekly], 28 Nov. 1860, 306)." From "Lesson 14: The Latter-day Saint Woman,” The Latter-day Saint Woman: Basic Manual for Women, Part A, 97"

And it just touched me deeply. I knew all this before but it is just something I needed to hear again. I related to this so much because of being surrounded by my family. I am babysitting so much and even have a weekely date with my nephew while his mom is at school. There was a little girl in the hallway at church today. She was so upset and she came up to me and I was able to help her.

I just need to really have faith in my Heavenly Father and remember he knows what is best for me. I need to may a conscience effort to know/practice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails