Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday Summer Farewell!!

Today was another day I wasn't able to sleep in. That is ok because I was off to babysit. It was going to be me and Marlee for a few hours. Chris was working and Lexy had to go in for overtime. Unfortunately, they had an overlap in schedules so it was Auntie Meggie to the rescue.
Saturday Marlee was especially lovey to me so I doubted it would be that way on Sunday. Boy was I wrong. Even before her mama left, Marlee was lovey to me. Just laying on my chest and giving me kisses. I love this stage. They don't know what tantrums really are, they don't talk back, and they are easily entertained!!

Marlee, Tj, and I had a hoot playing on the floor and especially peek-a-boo. She would squat behind the coffee table and than pop up really fast. It was the cutest thing.
We practiced walking and had a great time petting Tj.

After Chris came home, Tj and I were off to Mom & Dad's house. The Seahawks were playing St Louis Rams at home. I was still psyched from the BSU game so I was ready for some football. I was even able to do a load of laundary this week so my Seahwaks shirt was nice and clean.

I was a couple hours early but that let me catch up on my TV shows. I got Project Runway and Top Chef out of the way. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers was playing. I had some time to kill so I turned it on and took a nap. I was asleep for a few mintues before Dad and my Uncle Cliff came in. So we all talked for awhile and played with Tj.

Then the game started. I was in the middle of cooking macaroni salad for the family bbq. At the start of the game, I was very concerned that we would lose but we were able to pull it together and win 28-0!! What a great weekend for football!!

I had to go Caitlyn's house for the bbq (so Dad and I missed watching the last quater of our game but we still found out that we won!). The BBQ was a great time. Caitlyn grilled up some awesome hamburgers. Lexy made a delicious taco chip dip, jana brought baked beans, Dad
brought chips, and I brought Macaroni salad. Good thing I missed lunch. For deseret Chef Caitlyn cooked up a apple/peach cobbler/crisp. To top it off she even got ice cream.

What a great way to say adios to summer. Marlee, Wyatt, and Emma had a good time playing in the pool and than running around in their underwear (Wyatt didnt bring his swim trunks and Emma's swimsuit was in the wash). We than moved everything to the front yard as the kids were running around out there (for the front yard, we made them put on clothes). We just lounged in the front yard enjoying the warm weather. I did have a little pang knowing that the summer was over and gone. Just knowing that the time is moving on and things progressing kinda hurts my heart. I wanted time to stop so everyday could be as wonderful today.


It would have been even better if Mom were there but she was down in Orlando for Republican Convention.

[this is my thinking it may be my last time in flipflops :( ]

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Aaron was pumped about the Packers game on Sunday and it was an intense one, so I'm glad yours turned out good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PACKERS?!? UGH!! No thank you. Hope he had a good time even though it is the packers. it was an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails