Thursday, September 3, 2009

THEY'RE LOST!!

Yesterday, I went for one last run down the Boise river with Mom. We get on the river at 530. It was a little cooler weather than we expected but that is ok. We we set off. There were only 2 rafts behind and a group of kayakers. For the most part it was just me and her.

Toward the end, ther river has two islands in it, and that creates thre different channels you can go down. I was toward the right side of the river and Mom was on the left. The far right channel was to shallow to go through so I aim for the middle channel. The water has other ideas. I get carried away to the far side of the island on the left. And I mean right to the edge.

There are these branches that are hang over into the water. I am trying to stop and putting my foot down but I can not get a grip. I grabbed an overhangin branch but the water was too strong and my hand just slid down the branch. I see a thicker branch coming towards me so I stick my feet to push it out of my way (THANK HEAVENS I was wearing watershoes). I was able to push to brach up but it still large enouh to push me partcially underwater!!

I get to the side of the large branch but than another branch is coming up. I tilt my head back and the branch just misses face but catches hat and rips it off my head. After that I am clear of the branches and floating in open water. I look back to get my hat (I couldn't leave it behind. I got that while on vacation in LA with family when I was a JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL. That hat has been everwhere with me). I grab my hat and look forward to see where Mom is and notice things are a little fuzzy. I slap a hand to my face to feel for my glasses and THEY ARE GONE!!

CRAP!! I have lost my glasses. In my defense, this is the first pair that have been lost since I started wearing glasses in the 8th grade. I have broken plenty of them but they were all able to be repaired. SO now I have to drive home squinting the entire way. That gave me a headache but I made it safe and sound. Thankfully I know I had an older pair of glasses in my sock drawer. I actualy find 3 pairs of old glasses. They were my oldest three pairs but that is ok. Thankfully it is the time insurance will pay for new frames and lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails