Tuesday, October 20, 2009

being adventurous

I am not a very adventurous person. I don't skydive, try funky foods, or take fashion risks. Fashion wise, I stick to solids. I really don't have anything in my closet that is a pattern. I think I may be two shirts shoved in the back. I just dont like to draw that attention to myself.


However that mentality is changing. I am itching to try new things. Nothing drastic or anything but just adding new pieces. Today is the beinging of those additions. It is a new pair of shoes. They are American Eagle flats made of plaid fabric. I got them at Payless on clearance. They were only $2.50 (1/2 off because I got another pair of shoes). I originally thought I would use them to run TJ to the bathroom. But when I saw what I was wearing this morning, I thought it would be a good time to experiment.


Today I am wearing a bright pink cardigan and white tank underneath. The pants are a wet sand color (that is the closest way to describe it). The shoes are a brown, cream, raspberry plaid. A great step for me to do something different. It is amazing how the small things can make a huge difference. Just knowing I took a chance makes me feel so good. Below is a similar shoe (more pink, brown, and base color is cream not white and most imporantly..NO BOW!). Hopefully you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails