Thursday, October 22, 2009

Frustrated...

On Tuesday, my boss went around the office and talked to each of us the employees. It is being asked of us to reduce our hours by 2 1/2 each week. Reduce without pay of course. I have mixed feelings about this.

First is YIPPEE!! I get to come in late or leave early.

Second is "Great another pay reduction" (It is just a 5% pay decrease just disguised. Another coworker made the comment to me that "I would rather take reduced hours than reduce pay." My response was "They are same thing." She said "Oh. I guess you are right. This sucks." Ah yeah it does suck.)

Third, I wonder what are the salaried people doing? They don't have to worry about hours so are they taking a 5% pay decrease?

I also wonder what they company is looked at before they asked us to reduce hours. The sales teams didn't take a pay reduction with the rest of us because "more was asked of them. It isn't fair to ask for more work and less pay" (even though that is exactly what is being done to customer service). Did the pay decrease effect them this time?

I know it is selfish of me but I wish I didn't have to do this. They did say it was voluntary but that impression that was given. How can I say no when I have a coworker sitting next to me? I know it is a way to help save jobs but I still think of me first.

Oh well. It is what it is. At least I have a job and thankful I am not in the unemployment line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails