Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New project...

Now that the spice cabinet is done, I have been itching for a project. Well..I found it last week in the shape of pine bed frame. It was just stained and I thought it would be great to take and repaint. Yesterday I had a free afternoon so I loaded TJ up and headed to my parent's house.

Thankfully it was a mild day so I was able to sand outside. I didn't have to do it by hand either. Dad has an electric sander which made the process that much quicker. I was only able to get the side rails done before daylight ran out. Sunday, I should be able to get the headboard and footboard sanded. Next Wednesday/Thursday is painting day. That means I need to decided on paint/pattern before than!! YIKES!! I am not that decisive.

I know I want the base to be cream so I can match my dresser. I dont know what I am want to do. This will be great because it is lower to the ground and I can just use the mattress top. I can put my box foundation in storage. (Currently my bed isn't on a frame because the frame makes it too tall. The Box is on the ground and mattress.) This frame will give me that storage space underneath.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that it comes out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails