Tuesday, October 20, 2009

me and michael....

On Saturday, I watched Oprah (from Friday) on my sisters Tivo (Thank you Chris for saving this for me). On Oprah, Mr Michael Buble was on. He has broken my heart because he has a new girlfriend :( But my heart was slightly healed when I learned he had a new ablum out. The previous post is the first single of the new CD Crazy Love.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new song!! Can we say "new theme song"? It is completely describes how I have been feeling about about being single. I have been amazed about how I have been ok with being single lately. I again credit it to all the empowering things I have been doing (fix flat, put together desk, actually use proper tools, etc). While in Seattle I was talking with wise man by the name of Steven. I was telling him how I used to look for someone to replace my father. Two things wrong with that. 1) Dad is too great to replace. No man is as good as my Dad is. 2) Instead of wanting someone to "take care" of me, I need to find someone who compliments my personality but not afraid to be different and challenge me. Dad and I are very similar. I have proven I can take care of myself. I don't need that (but yes I would like that. Who doens't want to be taken care of occassionally?).

But thanks to Mom and Dad for teaching me so much!! Thanks for the shoulders to cry on and the love and understanding you demonstrate everyday. Thank you for making me feel loved, needed, and wanted. I love you and glad that you are my parents.

My favorites lines are:

I'm not surprised.
Not everything lasts.
I've broken my heart so many times I stopped keeping track.
Talk myself in.
I talk myself out.
I get all worked up, then I let myself down.

I tried so very hard not to lose it.
I came up with a million excuses.
I thought I thought of every possibility.
And I know someday that it'll all turn out.
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And promise you, kid, that I'll give so much more than I get.
I just haven't met you yet.

Mmmm...

I might have to wait.
I'll never give up.
I guess it's half timing,
And the other half's luck.
Wherever you are.
Whenever it's right.
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails