Thursday, November 5, 2009

Not another one!!

This afternoon I was backing out during lunch, going to grab a bite to eat. I am have way out of the parking spaces when SSCREECH!! I quickly stop and pull forward. I get out and turn behind me and there is a coworker doing the exact same thing. Our bumper kissed. Thankfully it was nothing more than a transfer of paint so we both said forgot it. No need to call insurance becasue we aren't going to get it fixed. Our boss was standing nearby and saw it all. She said we both looked and were clear.

With this incident that brings the tally up to 5 in my lifetime. Driving for ten years that aint bad.
1. back in high school. Driving my parents manual station wagon on icy roads. I was going downhill and just barely touched the breaks. That caused me to swear and ended up on sideways across the road. I was only blocking righthand land and front half of car was overhanging (the side was a small but steep embankment headed down to the ditch). Thankfully the neighboors were able to pull it back onto the road. No damage done to the car.
2. In the same station wagon about 2 years later, I was applying for a job at the Western Idaho Fair. I was backing up and didnt see the lampost. (it was a level with the bottom edge of the glass and blended in with the rest of the concrete parking lot). I had to call Mom (who was across the street at Fred Meyers) because the car wouldn't start (it has a switch that automatically kills the fuel pump in accidents to prevent an even bigger catasophy). We then had to call sister in Nampa to come pick us up. The bumper was smashed in but Dad was able to repait that.
3. I was home sleeping (at this time live in an apartment above a garage in downtown Boise off of Harrison. To get to my apartment you have to walk up an alley and go through someone's back yard, enter the garage, and go up a flight of stairs.) and at 2am I get a knock on my door. I initially think of Dad needing to drop something off before work but than I see the clock and freak. Again not easy to figure out where I was. I throw on the rob and crack open the door, Mace in hidden hand. There is a police officer so I begin to panic even more. He says my car has been in an accident and to please come out. I throw on some close and grab a jacket and head out. There is a gold Mercedez Benz front bumper kissing my back bumper of my silver Hyundai Sonata. My back tires have jumped the 6 in curb and are sitting on top of someones' plant. At this apartment, it is on street parking. I nearly cried but told myself to handle this professionally and I started to cry. I ran back into my apartment and grabbed my camera. A guy was stupid and driving drunk. He first ditched the car and tried to get away on foot but police caught him. Drunk tried to say he was being cashed which was a lie. I than called parents to let them know. When they were loading my car onto the wrecker the back tire just fell off. The bolts had been shreaed when jumped the curb. Thankfully parents have extra cars so they drove in and dropped it off. That day I was up from 2 til 10. I still made it to work but it was a hellish day. To make matters worse, stupid insurance of the Mercedez didnt want to get me a rental because they were disputing the liablity. They were claiming it was stolen!! WHATEVER! They finally got me my rental but my car was totalled. Thankfully I had it paid off (just two months prior). This all happened in April 2007.


my tire as it fell when the loded the car onto the wrecker.

view from passangre side


View from drivers side

3. After the car was totaled in April I was really wanting to get an SUV. However it was crazy to find a good SUV within my price ranger. I finally settled on a black Saturn L200. It has the necessary sunroof but I upgraded to leather seats, seat warmers, 6 cd changer, and alarm (Sonata only had 1 cd, cloth seats, and I had to use the key to unlock). It took me three months to settle on the Saturn. It only took three weeks of ownership because it was in a wreck. I was driving down Fairview on July 2 or 3rd 2008 and I was passing in front of the West Coast Car Co. All of a sudden my car is pushed into the left hand lane. I swear back over to the right and turn into the West Coast Car Co. (Yes I called the police because I got freaked out). So I am there in the parking lot and I get out to see what happened. This guy comes over and asks if I am ok. He said he was stopped in the parkign lot but than breaks just failed and he shot out into traffic (YEAH RIGHT I still say). I call Dad (thankfully this happened around 1630) and he says he will meet me there. So this silver BMW apparantely had been in their shop to get the brakes fixed and they were taking it out for a test drive. (about 6 months later West Coast Car Co was shut down in federal sting over taxes!). Learning the lesson from April, we make the other driver call his insurance company and start the proceedings so their wont be an issue with rentals. My car was still undrivable because of the front side panel was hanging on the ground and my wheel was screwed up. Into the shop my car of only three weeks went. Finally three weeks later, I finally got it back (than another three weeks of repeated visit to fine tune things they missed like the door alignment and even some silver paint on the back bumper!).

Side panel broken.


See the silver paint, that trail continues down the entire side of the car.


4. Coming back from a miserable camping trip. Spent the last 2 hours in a car with an annoying drunk who needed to get home. (Drunk is bro in laws uncle). After dropping of the drunk, I was backing out and backed into a car parked on the street. The owners weren't around and I left contact info with the guy who was in their house. There were two dings in the front side panel above the tire but it bent back the mudflap bar. (This all after I dumped Dad's fourwheeler on it's side at the sand dunes and broke his mirror). This has basically been resolved because they never call back. It happened in May 2009.



5. Happend this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails