Friday, January 22, 2010

At first I was afraid...i was petrified!!

A little has happened since the last post.  Monday night when I got home, TJ was still closing his eye.  I call Vet and  get an appointment for Wednesday.  This is our first trip to the vet.  I was kinda nervous.  Tuesday was a repeat of Monday.  Eye in AM but closed in PM.

Wednesday finally rolls around.  I get to the vet early and finish paperwork by 525.  Five minutes before the appointment!!  While I was filling out paperwork, a couple walks in with their cat.  they said the yhad appointment at 5.  It was now 520!!  I knew when they walked in they were bad news.  Now my appointment will be late I just know it.  And guess what?  I was right.  I finally get to see the vet at 550!!

I was kinda perturbed at that but at least I was entertained in the waiting room.  While I ws waiting, the receptionist took a call about an emergency.  The Vet is not set up for emergency care and the receptionist recommend they go the hospital in Meridian.  I am not sure what the calelr said but the receptionist went and asked the Vet if he could make exepction.  He said ok. 

The caller arrives and it is a woman.  Let me tell you, this woman was a fruitcake.  She is carrying her dog and has a little boy with her.  She treated the boy ok but the dog was like gold.  We started a converstation (the boy wanted to pet TJ) and I found out he was a foster son to her.  Just watching the dynamics between the injured dog, boy, and woman was facinating.  The woman was explaining how the foster son would pick on the dog (pull eyes, tails). FYI boys was around 6-7.  The tone of voice when she was speaking to the boy compared to the dog were completly different.  To the dog, the tone was full of love and affection.  She worshipped this dog.  When speaking to the boy it was full of impatience and what I percieved as resentment.  At the end of the conversation, I found out the boy was her foster son.  I thought to myself: no wonder he picks on the dog.  He is probably trying to get your attention. 

I know that sounds a little judgemental but I wish you could have seen it.  My heart broke for that little boy.  He had a blash playing/petting TJ and it seems he really isn't allowed to touch the beloved dog.

So finally it is our turn with the vet.  He puts some drops in TJ's eyes and then pulls out the black light.  You could see a couple of scratches on TJ's eyes!!  It was kinda creepy looking because his eyes are now neon yellow.  The solutions is to put neosporin 3 times a day for week to heal the scratches and kill the mild infection he has.

It is a little struggle for TJ and I each time but it gets in there.  My heart broke for TJ when the vet was checking his eyes.  The vet put what looks like paper tabs to pull the eyelid away from the eye and even took a cotton swab and swipped it in the eye lid (and it was covered in dirt!).  Thankfully TJ seems to be on the mend  but it was scary seeing this happen to TJ.  Next appt on Wednesday and hopefully he will be all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails