Tuesday, January 12, 2010

WOW!!

Can't believe it has been over a week since I posted!! Let me update you a little,

I am working on my new years resolution very well. I followed suit of the majority of the country and set my sights on losing weight. I have survived a week and have been improving each day. A better Megan is emerging. I have been blogging about it on a different page and it helps me so much. No one reads it but it is still there for me. You should try it if you have a common goal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the problem solved at work. I am no longer mad...annoyed=EXTREMELY!! Readers Digest version. I submitted to have July 6-9 off from work on the form we have to fill out at the end of the year. It was my first choice. There are only 5 people who have more senority than I. Last Monday, we get our forms back with the approved dates and I was not approved for my first choice. I assumed that it went to someone with more senority (understand but I have been asking off for a year).

I couldn't find out who received the days until the posted the calendar at boss' desk. I strees for a week. Finally on...I think it was Friday, the calendar is available. A coworker has it at her desk so it isn't posted yet so I can see it. Coworker advises me someone with LESS senority than I received the day off.

Think I was mad before? I was so mad I was ready to cry and storm my bosses office. All that morning I just have steam coming out of my ears. Finally bosses posts calendar and I walk by. The person with less doesn't have the day approved.....there name is on the day because it is their birthday!! My blood pressure drops a couple thousands points.

But now I am confused.....nobody has those days off. Now I am wondering why I wasn't approved in the first place?!?! They could have saved me so much angst if they just would have given me the days off to begin with!! GRRR!!!

Now I have to email my boss and see if she will approve me for that weekend. Thankfully she does but really people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday was a fun day. I started off making spaghetti sauce to freeze (plus it made a great brunch on Saturday too). Did a little cleaning. Then it was off to DD for my sister and her birthday party. What a great time. Sushi was amazing for dinner and then we went to dueling piano bar in Meridian. What great singers. I will have to go back because it was alwasy a....SING A LONG!!
I finally collapse into bed at 5am on Saturday. I wake up at 8am because TJ needed to go out. I couldn't fall back to sleep becasue at 930, friends were picking me up to go get my car (because I drove their van home). Sunday couldn't take a nap so I vegged at parents house.
Sunday night I didn't get any good sleep because I was have stomach issues. Come Monday morning, I said screw it. I am sleeping in and called in sick to work (which techinically I was).
----------------------------------------------------------
Monday afternoon, my stomach was pretty ok. I went to play with neice and nephews and took them all gifts I have been holding onto for a while. They loved it. Emma loved her Ariel doll. Wyatt loved the spider man lunch tote. Marlee loved to rock out on the piano (4 keys).
Monday I made spaghetti for the family.
----------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday I got myself out of bed and exercised before I went to work. It made my day. Now I am working on setting a playlist to rock out to while I am exercising. Bonus on today is Dad is upgrading my memory in my laptop. Thank heavens he works at Micron (and still has a job).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails