Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Simplified...

I have decided to simplify my life.  The game plan:  not caring what others think.  If I don't care what they think, I won't be influenced by their opinions and try to do what they will like.  So what if I got out without makeup.  I just saved myself 10 minutes.  This is way easier said then done but I have already started in small steps and had a huge victory....

I had a friend recently reconnect.  I was so mad about what happened to friendship (friend just dropped off face of the earth).  So friend emailed me.  First reaction was to be nice but I have been letting my "inner" bitch out this year.  I let friend have it.  No apolgizes.  It was so easier to be completely honest and not worry about their feelings.  That sounds really callous but I can't control their emotions to being with so why am I letting the POSSIBLITY of feelings dictate what I do?

So I thought life was going to get even more complicated with a promo at work.  I was wrong.  I was told that if I had better attendence that I would have been given the job hands down. Now I will just go to work sick. Sorry to my coworkers.  I am trying to stay positive and think this only means something better will come along.  Just keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to wait another four years.  Lesson learned.  So life will stay simple at this point.

1 comment:

  1. The corporate world is so annoying. One year at Intel I didn't get a raise or a good review because I didn't do enough outside project. I did my work excellent and improved work processes, but I didn't find "extra" things to do. You are awesome and have a great attitude! So, no worries! It is their loss!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails