Monday, May 10, 2010

What a great weekend!!

What a great weekend!  After an emotional breakdown on Friday (more on that later) it was a great time.  On Friday night I met Jana, Caitlyn, and a friend Ashley for happy hour at Applebees.  From 9pm til close you can get half price drinks and half price appetizers.  It is a great deal.  Caitlyn's bill total was $5.50 I think.  It was a great time gossiping and talking. 

Saturday morning I had to drag my butt out of bed at 615 so I could get ready for Race for the Cure.  It is always a great time.  Our captiain doesn't know how to plan so we never really do anything as a group besides the pictures.  Next year I am going to host my own team and do it so much better.  It was also pretty cool because last year I got pink ribbon necklaces and bracelts for a $1 each!!  I got enought for the family.  Plus Mom and I did iron on transers so now our shirts have the team name (Treasure Chests) on the right arm.  I thought it was a clever idea.




After the Race we head to the super junk store.  I get a garbage can, bowls, travel toys for the kids and some old canning jars.  One is so old that the top is actually glass. Mom says that is really rare so what a find (pictures to be posted soon).  We head to this Chinese place for lunch because their lunch special is only $3.99.  Mine was really yummy.  It was a breaded chicken breast with sweet and sour souce and fried rcie.  It was kinda like sweet/sour chicken but the breading was different.  It was the best.

After lunch we fly home because TJ has a groomers appointment at 2.  We were a little late but that is ok.  He has lost 2/3s of his body because it was all hair!!  He looks so small and dainty now!  I prefer his hair shaggy though.

After groomers it was dinner and hanging out at Lexy's house.  I had to finish watching Drop Dead Diva..a new favorite show of mine. 

Sunday was an experience.  I knw I needed to get gas but kinda put it off because I was always in a rush.  So I run to the grocery store to get stuff for our family fondue party and was headed to the gas station.  About 1 mile away, I run out of gas.  UGH!!  Thankfully Jana just lives aboug 1 mile away so I get TJ and we walk to her house.  I thought she was going to be gone but thankfully she was there and save me another mile hike back. 

After the resuce, I was finally able to make it to parents house.  I thought I was going to make bread before the fondue buttime just wouldn't permit it.  Bummer.  Next Saturday after the parade, I will be making bread.  I have put it off for two weeks and it needs to get done.
Fondue was a hit.  We had the cheddard cheese and then a cheesy pizza fondue.  Cheesye pizza is just mozzi cheese and a spaghetti sacue.  Dip with pepporoni and it is really good.  Chocolate was the best part..epsically when you dip a banana in it.  After fondue we just played outside.

Then the Amazing Race finale came on.  I was rooting for the Cowboys - Cord and Chet.  They played with integrity and honesty and plain old hard work.  They came in second only becase the brothers from RI cheated and got tickets first and are cheaters.  The Cobwoys didn't win a million dollars but the won a million fans and helped reshape the image of cowboys...no longer just rednecks.
Marlee letting Gpa help her down the steps.

Gpa and Marlee playing on the fence.

Gpa playing with TJ

Wyatt getting tossed around by Jana and Emma on the trampoline.


Emma, Jana, and Wyatt playing on the trampoline.

Marlee, Emma, and Wyatt playing in the rock walkway.

Wyatt and Emma playing in the rock walkway.

Emma playing with TJ

TJ with his new do.
Now his head is way to big for his body!


TJ always sits so funny!

Marlee saying no more pictures!

Marlee trying to escape the camera.

Marlee loves the trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails