Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dad & Me...

Because my sister Lexy is totally awesome, she has gotten me excited for bike riding this summer.  She and Marlee ride their bike alot and I have started tagging along.  I have been using my old bike that I had when I was a kid.  It claims it is 24in but it is just too tiny.  I feel like a hunch back when I am riding it. 

On Monday, we were looking at the bike my parents had in the shed.  There I found the perfect bike.  It is purple and kinda beat up but it looks way cool to me.  Plus is fits perfectly...the right height and length! Only problem is it needs new tires.  Of course I go to my go-to-guy aka Dad.  He agrees to help me fix the bike.

So yesterday afternoon, I get off work and head to parents house.  After a yummy dinner of meatloaf and pototaoes, outside we go.  Dad had already disassembled the bike so it went quicker than I thought. 

But while we were adjusting the bike, we mostly worked in silence.  I of course was asking questions, but there was little conversation.  I thought it was such a nice expereience.  There was no deep conversation.  No baring of my soul.  Nothing.  Just a wonderful moment.  I really wished I had my camera but even a picture couldn't caputer what a happy memory that it will be.  Dad knows me well enought that he demonstarted once, and then handed the tools over to me to try. 

On day I will invent a camera that is in my eye glass lense so when I blink, a picture will be taken. 

Now I just need to finish accessoring the bike.  I need a basket and a dog carrier so TJ and I can ride to the farmers market together.  On our current bike rides, he gets left at Lexy's house.  Petco here I come!!

Of course once the bike is finished, will post a pictures.  So check back on Saturday/Sunday.

Here is Dad and I when I was 3yrs and 3 months old. 
In a few hours Caitlyn was going to be born.
July 4 1987
(I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails