Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Saturday is a special day..

Saturday was a good time.  It started with getting some prescription sunglasses.  Because I couldn't decided Caitlyn and Emma were nice enough to come help me out.  Everytime we asked Emma's opinion she would say "I like red".  Cailtyn was a big help so THANK YOU to her.  After a few hours here is the final result:

After the eye Dr., Caitlyn and I made a quick run through the Farmers Market.  We were going to walk through with Lexy and Chris but Marlee didn't sleep well and needed a nap so they took her home.  After the Farmers Market (which TJ was able to come) we went to the park for a little picinic.  It was a relaxing time but warm.  I think it was 90 degrees that day. 

Emma loves her Mommy!!

After the park, I babysat Emma til it was time for the races.  I met up with my friend Kara and her son Riley, Jana and Wyatt to watch the races.  It was a great time.  Riley is a racer of a sprint car (I think that is what it is) and Kara's husband is a race official.  Their family is really dedicated to racing..Audrey (Kara's daughter) also races.  It is a family sport.  Riley was so cute on Saturday.  He was starnding on the blechers practicing his flagging.  We sat with Kara's friend and the husband of the friend races.  While between heats (aka races) he came and sat with us.  He told Kara to tell Riley he needs to be careful because some dirver watch him rather than the actual flagger. I think Riley is only 9 or 10.  Kara said it was possible for Riley to flag when he was 14 years old but she said they are making him wait til he was 16 yrs old.  He was so enthusiatic and animated when he was flagging.  He had his head seat on and everything.  It was so cute to me.  
The races were fun.  Some minor crashes and a wheel popped off.  I really enjoy it.  Poor Kara had to answer all my questions.  I am sure she  was getting annoyed.



Wyatt and I at the races.  He was so lovey that night.
He always wanted to sit on my lap.  I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails