Friday, December 3, 2010

Turned a frown upside down!!

Last night is exactly what I needed to turn my frown upside down.  My great sister Caitlyn hosted a little Christmas party for all the little kids. I raced home from work and picked up Brehdi. We finally arrived just in time for Brehdi to make a countdown Christmas tree. 
With that completed, it was time to make the gingerbread houses.  What a mess was made.  Marlee, Emma, Wyatt, Brehdi, Kaylee, Nick, Tyler, and Lily were all crowded around the table making a house.  Brehdi’s turned out really nice.  After that was over it was time to play.  Boy did the kids play. 
Unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures but Caitlyn had her camera out so I will sneak a couple of pictures from her Facebook and post them here later. 
As Brehdi and I leaving, her gingerbread house fell apart!!  Sad that her dad couldn’t see it.  Thankfully we scheduled another attempt for Sunday afternoon.  It was nice to be in a happy atmosphere instead of being yelled at.  I haven’t been near family for over a week and it was making an impact.  Amazing how we take what we have for granted.
Bonus is today is Friday.  Just a few more hours to get through and then the weekend will be here.  Saturday will be a busy day.  It starts off with the Meridian Holiday Parade, then the Tuba Christmas concert in Nampa around noon, then babysitting Marlee, followed the Caldwell Nightlight Parade.  Early Sunday morning, I am driving my parents to the airport.  They will be in Iceland for the week.  What a great way to celebrate a 30th wedding anniversary.  To go experience a new place together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails