Monday, September 7, 2009

I labored on Labor Day!!

It has been a relaxing, tiring, successful, nice weekend for Labor day. I did work most of it. I did the loads of laundary that have been waiting to get done. I deep cleaned this weekend (well I still have to vaccum and mop but that doens't take too long). I accomplished pretty much everything I wanted too. Plus I made $30 at our yard sale. Most of it were DVD I was selling ($1/ea is a great price if I say so myself.) At the yard sale I was selling a crock pot that works but I lost the lid. I was selling it for $2. WHAT A STEAL. This lady wanted to pay only $1!! I was firm on the $2 price because it is still functional. I would love to see anyone beat that price!! But she wouldn't take it for $2 and was being such a jerk about it. With her attitude, there was no way in Hades I would sell it to her so her loss. I would rather donate it (which I am).
I got this shelf from Jana who was going to sell it in a yard sale. I need a spice rack to clear cubbard space so I took it from her. I first got it in begining of July and now it is September and I am just getting around to it (isn't that how it always goes?). So this is what it looked like before I started.

Here it is after I have taken it apart and sanded it.

I have painted the shelves.

And the outside casing.


Here is a better color of the yellow and I am attaching the pieces.


And here it is at the end of today. I still have to do a little more painting with some red and white but it will fit perfectly into my cherry kitchen. I will post pics once I have this hanging.

I picked up a pair of mirrors today at a yard sale for $0.50 but they were gold.
I knew I could paint them. so....

Taadaa!! Don't they look much better. I just took some dark brown paint and dry brushed it to the frames. Look much better in person.
Tj and I went to the doggie park to hang out with Caitlyn, Emma, Brandon and Boomer. Tj never gets in the water. He has gotten in the water voluntary one time. I took out the terry cloth that I have covering my back seat to wash (the terry cloth protects Tj's paws from the hot black leather and keeps him from sliding around. It also protets the leather from his nails).
Just because I took out the terry cloth, Tj decideds to get in the water and look how messy he got. (He got even worse as he continued to run around).
After the doggie park, TJ and I head to my parents house to use their bathtub with the shower head with a hose. TJ is not a fan of baths so I was soaked by the time we were done. But at least he is clean and fluffy. I just washed my sheets this morning too so this is a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails