Tuesday, September 29, 2009

quick high lights

There hasn't been a post in a while so I thought I would do quick update.....

I AM LEAVING FOR SEATTLE TOMORROW!! WOOT WOOT!! (Can you tell that I am excited?) Just need to get through work today and tomorrow than I am free til Sunday. Sam will
pick me up from the airport. I will be wondering the streets of Seattle on Thurs/Fri by myself
because Sam has to work but lets keep our fingers cross that Clint doesn't. Even if he does, thats ok. I survived New York City at 19yrs old with a naive 20 yr old, I can survive Seattle at 25 by myself.

Saturday, Dad, Caitly, Emma, and I headed up to Silver City for a picnic (or as Emma says pic-e-nic..it is the cutest thing). We got a there arnound 1000 and have a fun time just walking around. The campgrounds there were full with Boy Scouts. One leader was an ahole because he parked in the middel of an intersection that blocked the path to the restroom! To get to the bathroom now, you have to walked around the Suburban in waist high weeds!! JERK!! Other than that it was fun to see Emma jump in mud puddles and pick up rocks and put them in her back pack. She was always very insistant on carrying the back pack herself.

I have been to Silver City MANY times but never went to the cemetery. I finally went to the cemetery. It was heart breaking though. There were so many chidlren, some just a few days old and some just a few years. The headstones were beautiful and the fences around some of the graves had such pretty details. I nearly cried there but I was able to hold it is so I wasn't such a bawl baby!!

Saturday night was a fun time. After compeleting some errands (running to the store, giving Tj a bath because he was DUSTY, etc) it was time for a nacho bar with the family and the BSU vs BGSU game. Nachos were awesome because they were loaded. Nacho cheese (the good stuff) and seasoned meat and tomatos (the best because home grown) and olives and green onions and sour cream!! Terrible but DELICIOUS!! To make them even better BSU stomped BGSU. I hate Mark Johnson from KTVB being the announcer. He is retard!! Much prefer ESPN but I will take what I can get.

Sunday wasn't our day for football though. Seattle lost at home. 25 to 19-congrats Bears. Sunday was productive though. My dad taught me how to change my oil. Dad said I woulnd't want to do it regularly and he was right. However I feel better knowing I know how to do it.

After changing the oil, I cooked dinner and it was really good. It was fried potatoes and grilled pork chops. I am getting the hang of grilling which makes me feel even better. Everything was cooked through and not burnt (which is my norm on the grill so there is improvement). The
potatoes were nice and crunchy.

Once dinner was done it was time to play with Wyatt. He was such a boy playing with the cars and wanting to kill the bad guy. I can't believe how big he is getting!! He is 3 years old and the cutest thing ever. He had a blast playing monster.

After playing with Wyatt the Amazing Race premiered. It was great. For the first time, a team was eliminated at the starting line. It was a husband wife team of yoga instructors. They annoyed me from the begining so I am glad they are gone. There is a team of poker players who I hate already. They told everyone they were social workers so everyone thought the poker players were noble. Well the cat is out of the bag and the poker players ticked everyone off and the other teams are vowing not to help them. If I were the other teams, I wouldn't help them either if I learned they had lied to me. So the race is one and cant wait til next week.

Speaking of teams, Survivor was crazy too. The drama was off the charts and evil Russell found the hidden immunity idol WITH NO CLUES!! I hate this guy because he is so slimey but it sounds like his tribe makes are on to him so hopefully he goes quickly. There are ways even if he has the hidden immunity idol.

I didnt watch Supernatural this week because I was at my parents house. It is being saved on Tivo at my sisters house. It is sitting there next Vamp Diaries. Hopefully I will be able to watch them before next Thursday but it isn't looking to good. Maybe I will try to watch them on Hulu...
Busy at work training a new girl which is limiting my time to post. Just getting ready for Seattle!! Tomorrow I fly away. Just need to finish packing, get TJ's things together so he can stay at my parents house, clean the house, and get my mp3 ready for the flight. Plust I need to remember to pack the small stuff like battery charges, camera, pillow, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails