Monday, October 19, 2009

I gotta new attitude!!

I am been in a perpetual state of grateful lately. I am not complaining, I am just suprised at myself. I have been looking around and thinking I am so blessed. I am really loved by Heavenly Father.

What really set it off today was work. I actually got up on time and didn't dilly dally getting ready (Again I did make up and everything. That is 4 business days in a row wearing make up to work. I had the attitude the people I work with weren't important enought to do my makeup. To do makeup requires getting up even earlier and losing precious minutes of sleep. How backwards my thinking was. This may sound warped but by using that excuse, I wasn't thinking about me. I was thinking about the sleep. I was thinking about coworkers. But I wasn't considering how I would feel. Why should I ever get ready for someone else? Shouldn't my first consideration be me and how I would feel? So now I am important enough to get ready for.)

I make it out the door a few minutes early and didnt hit the start of traffic like I usually do. I didn't end up saying "stupid $%&#*%%^%^&!@*#$ drivers". I didn't start the day full of rage. It was a pleasant exprience.

Work is going well so far. Very thankful for the window. Today has been so lovely. The sky is varying shades of gray. You hear the rain drops and occassionally feel the rain. The bark on the trees are a deep brown..nearly black. What a great constrast to the happy yellow of the leaves. They remind me of mixture of orange juice and lemonade. Just a happy color. The combonation of the three is truly remarkable. There is no way this all (earth, seasons, life, etc) all happend by a happy accident in the universe and we all crawled from ooze. (Speaking of I am not triggered to a happy childhood memory. Do you remembe the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles the movies? I actually own them on DVD. I think I will have to go watch one when I get home).

I am so glad that I live where and when I do. I know I complain alot but I do love living here. To see the change in the seasons and to be near my family is the greatest things. To play in the leaves with my niece/nephews and to take TJ for a walk in the sunshine is wonderful. We are truly blessed to live here.

I am just hoping the weather stays like it does all day. I would love to go home and open the blinds and windows and let the fresh air roll into my home. To curl up with fleece blanket and TJ and read a good book or watch a movie. How lovely that sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails