Sunday, October 18, 2009

what a wonderful world...



This has been a great weekend. The highlight of the weekend was learning Michael Buble has a new album out called Crazy Love. Wal Mart didn't have it when I made a midnight run but Hasting here I come tomorrow on my 1st break.

Friday was awesome because I won a free pair of jeans. I then went to dinner at Jana's house and had taco's. After taco's, we went to the pumpkin patch again. This time it was with Emma and Wyatt. Once we were finished with the patch, Caitlyn and I went to Applebees for happy hour. If you ever need a quick snack, Applebees has 1/2 price appetizers from 3-6 and 9-11. You can make a meal of their appetizers. My favorite is the spinach dip and now their chili cheese nachos.

Saturday morning, I picked up a pine bedframe that I need to sand and repaint. It currently has just a finish on it and needs an update. I will paint it cream and use gold accents to match my dresser. I also got a corner desk to put in my craft room. It is totally awesome. I have everything organized and it looks so much bettter than a bunch of boxes and bags sitting on the floor. I will post pictures once my battery is charges.

After making the run to Boise, it was off to Lexy's house for a jewlery party. After the party, I babysat Emma while Caitlyn had to work. The weather on Saturday was a repeat of Friday afternoon. Just lovely. I finally got to watch Supernatural. After Caitlyn got home, it was another run to Lexy's house because she has Supernatural on Tivo. Thank heavens for sisters who love me and have Tivo.

Sunday was a lazy morning. I did some scrapframing (similar to a scrapbook page but it is in a picture frame instead). I skipped church. I just wanted a relaxing morning and that is what I got. I did some landary while scraping. I then headed over to parents house to make soup and attempt homemade bread. When we had the crappy weather, I thought how good it would be to come home to hot soup and hot homemade bread. Today that finally got fulfilled.

I have seen my mom make bread a hundred times but it still intimidating to me. But with her occassionally looking over my shoulder, I got it made. It will have to be a Saturday at home project but I will do it more often.

So homemade soup was delicious. I invited over family who enjoyed it. Below you will see the fruits of my labors. Making it myself brought back memories of Mom making it when I was younger. Instead of covering it in seran wrap, she would drap a towel over it. We would than use an electric knife to cut it. Those were good days.....like today!



As always, Marlee and Emma were being silly (Jana and Wyatt went to Beth's house for dinner). I caught a couple of cute pics with my dad's camera (the one I covet a Nikon D50..it is awesome.) I love these two little girls!!



Marlee is now walking and is having fun.



Emma no longer just smiles for the camera. She has to ham it up.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails