Friday, October 16, 2009

"Today is a new day" Chicken Little

Today has been a wonderful day. The sun in shinning. A slight breeze is in the air. The temperaturs are cool but not cold. Perfect sweater weather, a complete 180 compared to what we have been getting.

I am so very thankful for my window seat at work. It makes the day so much bearable when I can look out the window and see the orange/green/yellow/ruby leaves move and to feel the sunshine. I wish I was outside but if I have to be to work, this is the place to be.

So just sitting here and working on auto-pilot, I started thinking about some of my favorite movies. Just random thought so Megan. Movies like Mummy, Wedding Date, Shag, Someone Like You, and most importantly Chicken Little. Yes the Disney CG version with Zack Braff voicing Chicken Little. I LOVE that movie. Repeat LOVE THAT MOVIE!! I made a friend sit and watch it with me after I got it for Christmas. Yes I asked for it for Christmas.

I don't know if I just know how Chicken Little feels. How it seems he is always brushed aside and not taken seriously. I dont know. I just bonded with that movie and it makes me laugh every time. It is great because I am getting my nephew into it as well.

One of my favorite lines is from Chicken Little. It is when he is up to bat and everyone says don't swing becasue they think he will strike out. He just straightens his helmet, takes a stance, scowls & says "Today is a new day."

I agree 100%. No matter how bad yesterday was today is a new day. It may be worse or it may be better. We need to put the past behind us and look forward to today. We don't have to look forward to tomorrow. Just looking at today is good enough.

I know that I have been one to keep grudges. In some recent...thinking I realized how foolish that is. What is the purpose? Why do I do it? There is not one single purpose or reason why I should keep the grudge. I do it because it, in a real warped way, makes me feel more important. I can always say "see what I have been through". I am just keeping myself bound to the past. I need to forgive and ask for forgiveness for what I have done. I need to get over it. I have noticed a gradual improvement in this. I remember being a great grudge holder. I blame this on the incredible memory I have. I can seriously tell you some of the stupidiest facts or a fight verbadem my sisters had 3 years ago.

But no more. I am improving me. I must say that for the past week I have gotten my bum out of bed and actually put some effort into looking good for work. I do my makeup and all. It is amazing how dressing the outside makes you feel good on the inside.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Meg.. what a powerful blog entry! May I say I am impressed :) Miss you words of wisdom.. miss so much but that's past and now is now, right? Thanks for the advice! Look forward to seeing you again. Take care!! lvya

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss molly you should be in bed instead of commenting here!! but thank you for the compliment. Tim is now sitting next to me so work is a little bit better. Jay moved to customized.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails