Wednesday, November 4, 2009

moving back home..

Sometimes I still wished I lived at home. Last night was a great example. After a good time at the junk store (I got off at 3 so spent an hour at the clearance center which always ROCKS!), and getting home quick, I packed up TJ and headed to my parents house to watch TV. I thought I had tons from recorded stuff to watch. I was wrong because I only had 1 show. I guess Sunday was more productive than I thought.

So left to my own devices, I helped Mom cook dinner of Creamed Beef on Toast which is always yummy (plus a good way to use up leftovers). We had a great conversation about politics and voting and general stuff. After dinner, my parents went to vote and I tagged along to go get icecream at Dairy Queen. Dairy Queen has a special on peanut buster parfits from on $2.49. Years ago the special was for $0.99. Inflation I guess. So we eat icecream and then head home for backrubs.

Mom and I have the greatest tradition. Each time we sit down to watch tv, we swap back rubs, or brushing hair. It is a great way to relax and get ready for bed. It is a great bonding experience with Mom too.

For the night to be perfect, after the back rub, I should have just been able to crawl into bed instread of having to drive home and experience a cold car. I doubt I will ever live with parents again but the thought popped into my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails