Sunday, February 28, 2010

hmmm

I havea few thoughts running around in my head so I thought it best to write them down.

Spring is here.  Yesterday it was over cast and gloomy.  Today is sun is shinning and I really don't want to go to Church.  I want to be outside in the sunshine. Playing at the park.  With my niece and nephews and my dog.  Having a picnic lunch.  Not inside teaching.  Oh well.  I guess that is what an adult is being about...doing things you just don't want to do.  I hear birds chirpping as I sitting here listening to Jim Brickman and TJ snoring. 

I am enjoying the sun keeping me warm.  With the slight breeze coming through the window.  I am really fond of spring right now.  I wish we had more snow but this is nice too.

It is also nice because I cleaned my house yesterday.  The floors are swept and vaccuumed.  The table tops are dusted.  Kitchen sparkles.  It smells lovely.  I will have to post pictures.

In addition to those lovely feelings, I have a huge sense of accomplishment and pride in myself.  I made bread again yesterday.  I think I finally got it down so I can make it at home instead of always asking Mom for help.  It tastes so yummy.  Lexy brought soup over yesterday.  To have homemade soup and hot bread was divine!!  Lexy then commented on breakfast we had as kids. It was toast that we would dunk in our chocolate milk.  I hadn't tried that in forever!!  So I tried it today.  It was just as good as I remember.  It doens't tastes the same using boughten bread.  Doesn't have the substance that homemade does.

Also..speaking of yummy things...we had scones last night.  It is were we take some of the bread down and fry it in some oil in the cast iron skillet.  That is yummy too!  Top it with raspberry huckleberry jam and life is perfect at that moment. 

I am also proud of myself becasue I successful installed my printed on my laptop.  It was giving me fits but thankfully I was able to resolve them.  First print job was my lesson for Church today that I just read and wrote this am.

Wish I was in the middle of the field watching the clouds, or taking a nap, or having a picnic or so many other things.

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO jealous on the bread thing. I have never mastered that art, though I've done it a couple of times with mother/aunt supervision. I would give a lot to sit down and enjoy that same meal, homemade bread and hot soup.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails