Thursday, June 17, 2010

hmmm..

so it has been awhile since I posted.  Instead of going into great detail I will post highlights:

- On Friday June 11th, Jana graduated from Treasure Valley Community College in Ontario OR. After a long struggle of schedules (work, school, day care), computer problems, money, time, and stress, she hs finished her goal.  She graduated with a degree in medical office administration or something like that.  I had to work Friday til 4p, but had to be in Ontario by 630 (program started at 730).

I had to flay home and get ready.  Thankfully we as a family were car pooling to the graduation.  We all pile into the van and head to Caldwell to pick up Stacey.  As we are exiting the freeway to head to Stacey's house, I notice smoke just pouring from underneath the van.  We quickly pull over into a vacant lot and scramble out thinking the van could explode.  Dad opened the hood and saw the radiator hose had exploded.  So it wasn't smoke we saw, it was steam.

Now we are in a perdicament.  How to get 6 adults and 2 kids to Ontario.  There was Dad, Mom, me, Lexy, Cailtyn, Stacey, Emma, and Wyatt.  Thankfully Stacey has a 12 person van with carseats (she runs a day care) so a quick phone call and she came and saved us.

Nothing special about the graudation.  Got some really great pics of Jana that I will post when I get home.
We make it back home around 1030.  Dad called AAA and had the van towed home. Thankfully it was something he could fix.  That van has been on too many family trips and adventures to die. 

- Saturday after the graudation, Lexy and I rode our bikes to the farmers market.  I really love my new bike.  I did run into a couple of issues.  With the new seat, I need to lower the seat down because I have to stand on my tippey toes when I am stopped to keep it balanced.  I need to secure the seat somemore because there entire time I was sliding forward.  So basically I was standing up while riding.  TJ was nervous but stayed seated the entire time.  He didn't bark or tried to jump. We are repeating it again this weekend so hopefully we have corrected the mistakes and it will go off without a hitch.

- Saturday afternoon there was a big shindig at Jana's house to celelbrate her great achievement.  There were tons of kids and food.  The weather was a little chilly but the kids still played in the water.  It was a great suprise to see our cousins Heidi and Gena with our Aunt Bette show up.  Heidi and Better live in eastern Idaho so they came to visit Gena and her new daughter Lucy.  It was a fun time visiting with them.

- After the bbq, Caitlyn and Brandon were hosting a UFC fight.  So I go to that too.  It was dissappointing because the guy I was rooting for was knocked out at the end of the first round so Brandon's guy won.  But points to my guy because he broke the other guys forearm.  Barberic I know. 

- Sunday was spend triming the lilac bushes in my parents back yard. I got a little color in my arms.  I really worked the arms.  This Sunday will be spent weeding the garden in the morning because Lexy has failed to do her turn.  Oh well.  It will be good for me.

- The work week was long because I have been working over time.  I work from 730-630 nearly everyday.  Got to pay for Vegas. I survived my review with our new manager.  It has been so much better with him here.  The atmosphere is so much more relaxed.  It helps that a couple I didn't like are no longer here! 

- On Wednesday I went to a tanning salon for the first and got started on tan.  I am going nearly nearly everyday.  Got to work on it for Vegas!!  It is so much more relaxing than I thought.  It was warm and could put me to sleep.  I was only in there for 7 minutes and looking forward to the time when I can lay down for 20! 

- I need to get a new phone..which I think I will do today.  The old phone of Chris' I was using, is on it's last leg.  The screen is cracked, the flip is loose, it vibrates randomly, some keys aren't working properly. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome busy-ness going on! Sounds like TJ needs some experience before he's comfortable with the bike! Congrats to Jana on graduation; what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails