Tuesday, August 31, 2010

cleaning and organizing

What a weekend!! I dedicated most of the time to cleaning and organizing my household. I decided to follow Moms advice and get organized. I hate to admit that Moms right but when you are organized things go much smoother in other areas of life.
My problem is that when I am in an emotioinal frame of mind I let things go. Laundary doesn't get put away. Groceries stay on the counter. Shoes pile up at the door. Bed doesn't get made. It is a bad habit I need to break.

I have resolved to be more organized. I have cleaned out the closets and put holiday decorations in totes. I have cleaned out my bedroom cloest and hung everything in its proper place. I did MASSIVE amounts of laundary. (I HATE laundary!!)

To make sure I am on the straight and norrow, I have gotten a few new-to-me pieces of furniture. The first pieces that I love is the desk from my generous sister Caitlyn. I haven't liked my entertainment center for awhile. It is just too big for my skinny living room. Caitlyn was telling me she wanted to get rid of a desk she used to hold her TV. PERFECT!! I will take the desk and sell my entertainment center at the garage sale Lexy and I had (which was 2 weeks ago).

I rearranged my living room and LOVE the new layout!! It is much more open and pretty. I have easier access to all my windows which is great with this cool fall weather. Windows open all the time now! :)

The second piece is a new dresser!! It is very similar to the one I currently have. I believe the style is called French Provencial. Mom got me the first dress about a year ago. I prefer the on Mom got because it is made of solid wood and this new one is made of particle board. Oh well. It is hard to find this style. Thank heavens for Craigslist!!
Not the greatest pic but if is the one from Craigslist
To make sure I stay on this path or cleanliness/organization, I decided to invite each sisters family over for 1 meal a week. Not only will this help me stay organized, it will help me eat out less and then be healthier!! WOOHOO!!

Because I am so proud of myself, pics to be posted soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails