Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lets start at the begining...

FRIDAY
I got of work on Friday at 5pm, which was earlier than I expected. I make it home by 530 which is great. Now I have more time to do some last minutes packing. Mom was supposed to pick me up at 6pm, however she didn't shows til 620. After loading up, we still needed to stop for dinner.  After a quick trip to Carls Jr we were on the road at 7.

We figured it would be a 3 hrs drive to Huckleberry Heaven. Thankfully there wasn't that much traffic and we made it in only 2.5 hrs. The only sanfu happened about 30 mins from our destination. I had the light on because it was dusk and in the mountains, it is dark. So driving along and I look at the dashboard, and it is black. I panic internally so I continue to drive. I slow down some just to be cautious. We pass under lights from a lumber mill and I see that I have gauged my speed correctly and are goin the speed limit. That made me proud.  (Just FYI...I accidentally hit the dimmer dial on the singal lever.  I thought the dimmer was near the vent on the dashboard.  I was wrong.  Sunday we found the dimmer switch and fixed my mistake.) 

We finally make it to the top of the mountain and honk the horn. Becasue we are camping in a different spot, that horn is signal to Dad to come get us. Works pretty well. We arrive at 930 and chill around the camp fire for awhile.

TJ settling in for the night.  He wasn't upset and there were other pictures but this one makes me giggle.

SATURDAY
I woke up around 730. I thought I would sleep in longer but oh well. I get up and have breakfast out by the fire. Love it. So warm and nice. Dad and I joke back and forth for awhile.

View first thing Saturday morning.

Mom rolls out of bed around 9am. We get dressed and Dad and I head for a ride. TJ comes along and does really well. However, I only can drive with one hand because I want to make sure TJ doesn't fall off. I need to jerryrig sometype of harness or box for him to ride in. We return to camp and have lunch an rig up a harness. It work pretty aweome. I have some lanyards that are clipped to TJ body harness. He only has enough room to stand. I was pretty proud of hwo we rigged it. We go on another ride and TJ loves it. He does love to bark at the horses we see along the way.



TJ and I testing the harness.

Back we go for lunch. After lunch we head for another ride but TJ didn't want to go. He would refuse to leave RV area. That is ok. We look him in the RV with food and water and head off. Mom comes along and rides with Dad.



We found a new campsite we will try next year that is next to a spring. We eventually head back and havea great meal of hobo dinner (aka tinfoil dinners). Mom and I want a Smores so we break out the marshmellow, chocloate and .... Where are the graham crackers? Crap we left them at home. We decided to experiment. Mom tried frosted animal crackers, I try Ritz and vanilla cream cookies. I thought the most successful was the Ritz. It brought the salty into the mix. Next time I am brining Oreos to try.




With desert over, we decided to watch a movie. Dad brought otu the laptop and table. It is pretty awesome watching Tommy Boy by the fire. I don't know if it was because I was tired or I hadn't seen it in awhile, but Tommy Boy is really funny!



We have to watch the last half in the RV because battery was dying but it was still a fun time. We head to bed around 1030. I must have been really tired because as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out for the count. The next day Mom and Dad kept teasing me about how quickly I was out.  Oh well.

SUNDAY
I get up around 700 and head outside with TJ. We are snuggling by the fire and I am ready to fall asleep sitting up. Dad is a sweetheart and takes TJ for a walk. I take advantage of the oppurtunity and DIVE back into bed. I snooze til 900. Mom never got out of bed until 9 and that is when we decided it was time for breakfast.

Dad playing with TJ before the walk

Mom makes waffles, bacon, hashbrowns. It was YUMMY!! Mom had put some butter in a bowl on Saturday so it would be soft to spread on the waffles. As we are eating we are trying to figure out where it went. She placed the sliver of butter in a bowl and placed it on the table on Saturday afternoon.

All of a sudden, Mom knows what happened. TJ ATE IT!! We look underneath the table and sure enough, there is the bowl. He ate it while we went on a ride!! Crazy dog!!


TJ sitting at the table for breakfast.  No we didn't give him his own plate and
no he didn't actually sit there while we were having breakfast. 

Over breakfast we decided to head home that day. We go for another ride and then have lunch and break camp. We leave around 430 and I am home by 7pm. It was a fun time.


TJ sleeping right before we head home.  Of course he would choose to be in the drivers seat.
See new post for more random pictures of the camping weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails